Friday, January 11, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Loin & Poblano Peppers

I LOVE this recipe!  If I find a pork loin on sale for $1.99 a lb at my local market, this is what I will do with it!  This recipe I have adapted from my Taste of Home's Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2005 cookbook (courtesy of my Nana) I had made the recipe once and half-heartedly read the instructions not realizing this actually needs to be grilled. But I don't operate our grill alone cause I don't like to use the lighter when I turn it on, I've lost arm & eyebrow hair a few times! LOL

I hope you like the recipe! It's a little bit spicey but that's good for your metabolism : )

 

Crock Pot Pork Loin with Poblano Peppers & Corn


4 large poblano peppers (sub Italian peppers if you can't find poblano)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon aniseed ground (omit if you can't find it)
1/8 cayenne pepper
1 pork tenderloin (about 2 lbs)
Bag of frozen corn

1. Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds.  Stuff peppers with cheese.  Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.

2. Combine the seasonings; rub over the pork.  Place inside crockpot with about 1/2 cup of water on the bottom to create steam until the pork starts to release juices. Place cheese stuffed peppers on either side of the pork loin.  Pour bag of frozen corn into the crock pot.  Close lid and set crock pot to high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8+ hours.  I recommend flipping the pork half way through if you are home since the side touching the bottom of the pot will brown.  Your roast will be done with the meat thermometer reads 160 - 170 degrees and the juices run clear.

3. Serve with brown rice, if desired.

Note:  When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands.  Avoid touching your face.

2 comments: